Monday, July 21, 2008

A four letter word.

WORK. Like as in everyday, 8 hours a day. That has always been one of those ugly, four letter words I liked to keep myself clear of. Let me clarify that I am a VERY hard "worker" at the things I want to work on when I want to work on them. But to get up everyday and go to an actual j-j-jjjooob, there I said it, is not something I have ever really desired to do. But today I have done it. I applied for a JOB to W-O-R-K!! It frightens me a little. What if I just feel like sleeping in, or lounging by the pool, or reading a good book? Are those acceptable excuses for absence to most employers? They have always been fine in the past...oh, that's right I have always been my employer! Well, if I get this position I have applied for I will work every Mon-Friday 8am to 4pm. I have applied for an office spot at the middle school Meg will be attending. All joking aside, although I can assure you I am serious about not wanting to work, my kids are growing up, Hayli's in college, Kayla is a sophomore in high school (right next door to the middle school were I might be doing the w word), Meg is in her last year before high school, and my little baby Bubba (aka Chandler) is in his last year of elementary school...what am I doing at home, really? Not blogging obviously, since that is few and far between. Well, I clean a little (okay sometimes a lot), I dilly-dally on the computer, run errands, spend money...oh, that could also be a pro on the work side, and I go to the gym. All very important things mind you, but what would it be like to have health insurance? I don't know, we haven't had it in so long. That is another pro on the work side, darn it. I will get to have every six weeks off for a week, with my kids...plus paid summer vacations. Okay, I will accept the job if I am offered it and I hope to have a magical spelled placed on me that makes me LOVE the w word and LOVE the people I am surrounded by EVERY DAY, 200 days a year! If not, I will be back to sleeping in, lounging by the pool, and probably shopping with money I am not making. Sadly, I doubt my blogging will improve.

Happy Birthday to my sweet little Meggie Sue. She is now an official teenager at 13!! I love you Meg!

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I hope you get the job! And please do not blog less. That would just be a tragedy. Good luck! More money to spend at target can't be a bad thing:)