Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Graduation crunch...

That's how I have been feeling the last week or so. Everything has been thrown into a two week period. Last weekend our schedule was slightly crazy. Hayli had prom on Saturday. She had a blast and I will post some pics below. Sunday, we had church from 9-12p. We then had to be at a church not far from the school at 2pm for the Baccalaureate service. At 3pm was a Senior reception. Then at 4pm was Senior awards for Honor students. (Hayli got like 6 or 7 awards, we were very proud!) A few hours later we were at the Stake Center for Seminary graduation. It was a long day. (My parents, bless their sweet hearts, were right there with us allday. Hayli was athlete of the year again for her school and volleyball so she was invited to the County Athletic banquet. They name one athlete of the year for the whole county in their individual sport. Much to Hayli's surprise, she won. It was a great way to end her volleyball career. This week is basically the seniors last week. They have had senior activities and finals. Next week it is just a few days of grad. practice and then Friday is the big day.
Mix in Chandler's baseball games (which I love), Callie's puppy school, finishing up Meg's school, and Kayla's volleyball stuff, and we are pretty much in 5th gear all the time. (Not to mention getting ready for Hayli's Open House here after graduation and getting her ready to leave in a few weeks for the Y) As mom's though, aren't we always busy? Even when they are little, it's just as crazy, but on a different level. What will we do when they craziness stops? Does it stop? I hope not.
Oh, and a very Happy 80th Birthday to my sweet grandmother tomorrow!






1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow you guys are busy! Hayli looks beautiful. I love her dress. That is so cool that she won all of those awards. She set the bar high. I hope she loves the Y. Can you believe you've already got one graduated? Phew. She made it and she is going to have a wonderful life. You must feel so relieved. I hope our kids will be as good as yours!