Friday, July 06, 2007



I can not believe July has already begun. Time flies when your having fun.
The girls are back from EFY and they had a blast!!! It was a very spiritual experience for them both.They really enjoyed being with other teens who have similar standards.



We are all in reading mode right now. Hayli and I have finished both Stephanie Meyer books and are anxiously awaiting the third, as I blogged about before. Kayla just started reading Twilight yesterday and is in love with the book. She will probably finish it today. We went to the book store today and I now have numerous choices of books to read. I have just recently started reading two books, Memoirs of a Geisha and The Historian. The Historian I picked up one day at Sam's Club because it was a big, thick, hardbound book and was only $4.00. I had seen it in one day surfing the blogs on Heidi's site (a friend of a family member's family, if that makes sense) The Historian is VERY interesting but I don't know if I will be able to read it through....it's kinda scary. But I find myself drawn to it to see what's going to happen. So we will see. I also just bought the first two books in the series The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. This may be hard to believe but I have neither read the books nor seen the movie. I have heard much good about them, so they are now on my to read list. My girls are having to read the good ole summer reading and Hayli has Their Eyes Were Watching God. Kayla has to read Jack London's Call of the Wild. Our days are pretty rough with swimming, lounging by the pool, and reading. It's a tough job but someones got to do it.
I had the awesome opportunity to go on splits with our new sister missionaries. It was so fabulous. I am really excited to be able to do that on a regular basis. Hayli has been so happy to finally have the opportunity to go out with them. She really wants to serve a mission so it will be a great experience for her. What a blessing!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you gave Twilight a chance, trust me I thought the same thing about it and then couldn't put it down! I also loved the sisterhood of the traveling pants and KNOW your girls will for sure. I have some new books but haven't had time to get into them yet. Can't wait for you guys to get here!

Kasey said...

I am reading Twilight right now and I love it! I'm totally in reading mode right now too.
I'm excited to see you at Kelly's in a couple of weeks!