Summer is hot but I love it! No set schedule, sleeping pass 5:45 am if I choose,(which I always do) and lot's of pool parties. However, summer is not a good blog time for me. I just can't seem to do it, or at least do it often.
We are headed to my favorite place this week, Big Canoe! I can't wait. When I enter the gates there I feel like I am home, truly.
Okay, here is another random thing..In the summer, I love to read. Well, actually, I love to read anytime but I get more opportunities to read in the summer. I am little late in the game here but I just read the book Twilight. I know many people have already read this book but I honestly thought it would not be a book I would like. It is different but I could NOT put it down! I read the whole book in less than a day (I was sick and in bed) Kenny and I's anniversary was Friday so that night we went out. We stopped by Barnes and Noble and picked up the book. Kenny said that I needed to go ahead and get the next one, New Moon, but I didn't do it! So today, I drove 30 miles back to the book store and bought the book and pre-ordered the third in the series, Eclipse. I am not saying it is the best book I have ever read but it was the best book I have read in a while. I love, love ,love books. I remember when I was a young girl, I loved going to the library. I loved the smell and feel of books...is that weird? I would check out the maximum aloud every time.I used to pretend to be a librarian. Ya know, back when they had to stamp your card in the book. Loved it! I feel sad for those that don't like to read. A good book is like....I don't know how to explain it but those of you who do enjoying reading know how great it is when you have that book that is so good, you don't want to do anything but read it. Then it's kind of sad when it over, unless it's got a sequel, which I love. As you can see, my main problem with reading is I don't get the other things done that I need to. I neglect my daily duties if I read in the day and if I read at night, I don't want to go to sleep. It's a dilemma, for sure. Good thing it's summer.
P.S. On Stephanie Meyer's website she has a story written that is basically Twilight but is written in Edward's view instead. Very interesting.


Monday, June 18, 2007
I LOVE summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love books too! They take you into another world for a moment. YOu get lost in them.
I know what you mean about a good book. I always read like the book is going to disappear if I don't finish it in a day or two. I totally neglect EVERYTHING! I'm excited to read Twilight. I've heard tons of good things about it.
I'm a summer fan too! I just love NOT having a schedule for a few months. Sleeping in, pool time, etc. It's the best!
I loved both books too! Crazy that you could enjoy a book about a vampire so much. Love a good read-Lee says I "check out" when I'm reading a good book. Recent good reads are: Sister's Keeper and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.
Pam-thanks for the book recommendations..I am always surfing blogs for book reviews. I really get disappointed when I buy a book and end up not liking it. I have seem both of these books you mentioned on several sights.
Post a Comment