Monday, December 04, 2006

Beautiful Bermuda.





We are now back from a wonderful week in one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Bermuda. It is a small island only 21 square miles. It is very clean and the homes there are all amazing. The roofs are all made of limestone and are used for catching rain water in which they in turn use for drinking. The limestone roofs purify the water and then it is sent to a holding tank underneath the home. They also drive on the opposite side of the road than we do here in the U.S. Men are seen in coat and ties with bermuda shorts, knee socks, and loafers. The people are very friendly and layed back. Bermuda, however, is VERY expense. Gasoline is sold by the liter at $ 1.62 or more. Food is outrageous...delicious but pricey. They only allow one car per family and that explains why there are so many scooters. There are no rental cars on the island so you must either taxi, ferry, or bus it every where. You can, however, rent scooters, which we did one day and had a blast!

We stayed at the Fairmont Southhampton. Our room was awesome and we had the most amazing view. We could see the ocean, golf course, lighthouse, and bay all from our wraparound balcony. The temperature was perfect! Not too hot and not too cold. We enjoyed ourselves so much and the fact that my parents were with us made it even better. The trip would not have been the same without them. We enjoy vacationing with them and hope maybe they will go to Hawaii with us next year!

I am the kind of mom that has a hard time leaving my kids. If I am gone more than a day or so, I am dying to get back to them. This time I was actually okay with leaving them which is ironic because Hayli and Kayla were staying home by themselves and pretty much taking care of everything. Hayli really wanted to take on the challenge and we were more than pleased with how responsible she was. I really felt things were okay here and that made me not stress as much. When we were coming home, she said she now had a greater appreciation of what I do and how hard it can be to juggle everything.

Now, it is back to reality and a rush to prepare for Christmas, my favorite time of the year.

p.s. I took over 240 pics while in Bermuda but I will only post a few. I am disappointed that the pictures truly do NOT do it justice.







The homes on Bermuda are extraordinary!


This is one house.

This house has a carport for their boat.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! That makes me long for another trip alone with my husband. We may have to try Bermuda. It looks gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see all of your pictures.

Jen said...

Everyone must go to Bermuda at least once! It is not like any other island I have ever been to. Everyone has beautiful homes and the whole island is so well taken care of. Minimum wage there is soon to be $18.00...can you imagine?

Kasey said...

How beautiful! Bermuda is now definitely on my list of places to vacation. Glad Kayla and Hayli managed on their own! What'd you do with Chandler?

Sarie said...

Those homes are so beautiful. Interesting about the rain. Thanks for your comment on my blog- when my bro got his call I thought of you guys, since you are pretty much the only person I know that lives in Georgia. Maybe you'll see him!!! You'll have to take care of him for me, I will miss him so much. I know he will be a great missionary and grow up so much in the next two years. Glad to hear there are strong member missionaries out there!!
Take care Jen!

Pam said...

Just caught up on your blog. Your children are beautiful and growing up so well. I have now put Bermuda on my list of places to go to also. Did you get a good deal on the hotel-it looks GREAT!!