Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Greatest Grandparents.


















Okay, I am going to take some blog space and brag about what great grandparents my kids have. My kids absolutely LOVE them! They love to be around them at every possible opportunity! EVERY Sunday I get asked if they are coming down or if we are going up there. We vacation with them and they are the best vacations we take. My kids enjoy traveling but if my mom and dad are coming then it is that much better. I can see why they love them so much...take yesterday for instance. The day was a big day for Hayli because she was going to attend a party where you were suppose to dress up. I had taken her and some of her girlfriends shopping the night before ( an entirely separate blog I will have to share later...hilarious!) to find dresses, shoes, accessories, etc. Well, we finally found Hayli's dress (anyone who has shopped with Hayli knows what a hallelujah moment this was) at a store we like called Forever 21 at 9:10pm and the store closed at 9:00 pm. In the rush to get out the door she notices the dress has a small tear at the seam. They won't discount it and there is only one other dress like it, which is a size too big. The tear is in a place where the belt for the dress will cover it up but she stresses that the dress may tear more and she will not feel comfortable in the dress. Too late to worry about it at this point and we will just have to think of something tomorrow. Let me just point out... I do not sew. Not from a lack of interest but from a lack of having a clue. So, tomorrow comes and Hayli is getting more stressed and decides she is going to call Grandmom to the rescue. Well, I tell her, Grandmom is really busy on Saturdays and probably won't be able to help. (Remember, the dress could totally be worn with out ANY signs of the flaw) Grandmom says she has plans to go to a friends house for the day that just had a baby recently. But guess who comes to our house to fix Hayli's dress..yep, grandmom, and granddad too. As soon as they get in the door Grandmom remembers she didn't bring needle or thread. (Sadly, I don't have any) Granddad goes right back out the door to go buy some needle and the right color thread!! This is early in the day and when Granddad gets back with not just needle and thread but needle and about 8 different kinds of thread time is whittling down. Hayli shows my mom where it needs to be fixed and she gets to work. When it is finally done, Hayli suggest maybe Grandmom could make a few stitches at the neck line so the dress would not be so low cut and she wouldn't have to wear a cami under it. Well, she then has to try it on again so Grandmom can see where and how to stitch it. Time is ticking and Hayli still wanted to go to Tanger and find some jewelry. Grandmom and Granddad stay so that when she gets back they can be sure the neckline is right. By the time we get back it is getting late and I know my dad has to have serious ants in the pants.(you have to know my dad is known for his antsy pants and I am just like him) But they decide they are going to stay so they can see the finished product, i.e. Hayli. An hour later I am finishing rolling her hair and she says, "You know, I have the greatest grandparents in the world." Yes, honey, you do!

p.s These pictures are of the finished product and her greatest grandparents in the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Hayli sure is a hotty!!!!!
Her parents are going to have there hands full when she starts dating so I hope for there sanity it will be a while before that starts.

Jen said...

Reality check mister anonymous(Kenny), dating could come as early as next week, ready or not...

Anonymous said...

That is true and I have my GUNS and AMMO ready!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog. It made me cry. Now I've got to go redo my makeup before I go to work. I love you all so very much. Mom

Kasey said...

What great parents you have! It makes me sad that my kids don't live near their grandparents. Hopefully someday.
Hayli looks so good! What a cute girl. Hope she had fun at the party!

Kelly said...

I have been shopping with Hayli. It seems like she will look but never buy. She is either very picky or doesn't like to spend her money. I love the dress she got, she looks beautiful. I love how Cindy and Larry came to the rescue, it's totally like them. They are wonderful grandparents.